Counselling as a Volunteer
Volunteer counsellors here at Willow Wood can provide life limiting illness and bereavement counselling and support to patients, their families, friends and carers. You will be a fully qualified counsellor or psychotherapist or studying towards one of these professions at the following levels:
Diploma in Counselling (level 4 or above) Degree, MSc or MA in Counselling or Psychotherapy. If you are in your first year you will have completed a full academic year Certificate in Counselling or the equivalent of 9-12 months.
- To hold a caseload of clients for individual counselling as required by the Family Support Services Lead
- Carry our risk assessments as required
- Undertake necessary administrative work including support with general admin generated by the Family Support service.
- To be professionally accountable for own practice and adhere to the BACP ethical framework or alternative ethical frameworks.
- Ensure quality standards in operational guidelines for the service including health & safety, safeguarding, confidentiality, data protection and information governance and keep accurate records
- Take advantage of the professional support offered to you by Willow Wood in terms of weekly supervision and any other additional training provided on specific topics on working therapeutically.
Benefits to You
- You will receive good quality internal clinical supervision in order to support you in your clinical work and develop your skills
- You will work within an established service with clear operating structures and systems
- You will be contributing to an important area of work which helps to improve lives.