Working within Day Services at Willow Wood is very varied and will involved you meeting lots of different people from all walks of life. You will need to be able to talk to people easily, offer a listening ear and show empathy and compassion.
There are varied roles in Day Services including:
- To encourage a relaxed, peaceful and welcoming atmosphere in Day Services alongside fellow volunteer and staff.
- Assist staff in welcoming patients, making them feel comfortable and providing drinks.
- Conversing with patients and their carers while they wait for appointments in the lounge
- Join in with activities, including Dementia Cafe, O2 Cafe, arts & crafts
- Be aware of, and sensitive to individual patient needs, reporting any concerns to staff, but appreciating the guidelines on confidentiality
- Participate in training to help you fulfil your volunteer role
- Work as part of the Day Services team to provide a high quality clinical service to patients.
- To administer complementary therapies such as Massage, Reiki, Aromatherapy and Reflexology to patietns
- Applicants need to hold approved qualifications
- In-house training