Vacancies

Position: Director of Fundraising and Communications

Salary: £40,950 + Pension

Annual Leave: 35 Days

Location: Ashton under Lyne, Tameside, OL6 6SL

Willow Wood Hospice is a highly regarded independent charity providing comprehensive end of life healthcare for the Tameside and Glossop community. Our core services include a 12-bed in-patient facility, a day services facility including, dementia support service, counselling and bereavement support and community outreach.
Willow Wood is a registered charity receiving around 22% of our funding from the NHS which means we rely on the generosity of our local community to fund the remaining 78%. This comes from many individuals, events, local businesses, trusts, schools, community groups, our shop, our lottery and Gifts in Wills. Last year it cost £2.8m to run Willow Wood Hospice.
We are now recruiting a Director of Fundraising and Communications, reporting directly to the Chief Executive, who embodies the values of our hospice, understands the future challenges and opportunities for income generation and is passionate about people.
You will have multi income stream experience as well as a track record of leading and developing a team of high performing professionals in fundraising and retail. Our supporters are wonderful and we need an excellent relationship builder, committed to the highest possible levels of donor stewardship to continue these relationships and forge new ones.
We are looking for somebody with fresh ideas, entrepreneurial flair and a positive approach to deliver in a challenging yet highly rewarding environment.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate how they work effectively with a range of stakeholders including the Chief Executive, Board of Trustees, volunteers, staff and partners. We are seeking somebody who can demonstrate evidence of delivering highly effective income strategies, together with the strong management of staff. It is not essential for this person to come from the hospice sector, although an understanding of hospice funding and an appreciation of the nuances of our sector is important.
On a personal level, we are looking for a collaborative yet persuasive individual who embodies our core values. As an executive team we want to challenge this person and expect to be challenged in return.
Overall, this is a great opportunity to engage with the local community and to develop and lead income generation for a charity that is in the heart of the community of Tameside and Glossop.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the role or to arrange to visit, please contact chief executive Karen Houlston on 0161 330 1100 or by email at karen.houlston1@nhs.net.
For full information please read the job description and to apply please complete the application form, returning to recruitment@willowwood.org.uk.

Closing date for applications is 19 December 2022


***


Staff Nurse

Band 5

Full time – primarily on days but will include rotation onto nights

Willow Wood Hospice is an adult hospice providing care for patients with life limiting conditions. We care for these adults by providing symptom control and end of life care. The needs of the patients and their families are at the heart of all we do.
We are looking for nurses to join our team. You should be experienced in palliative care and be looking for an opportunity to work with us in delivering exceptional palliative care to our patients.
Benefits include:
· Can remain in NHS pension with same contributions
· Salary aligned to NHS Agenda for Change framework
· Annual leave starting at 35 days (incl bank holidays)
· Free on site parking
· Subsidised meals

To apply for this role please complete an application form and send it to recruitment@willowwood.org.uk. For further information about this role please see the job description, and for information about our organisation, or for informal enquiries about the post, please contact Kath McGuinness (Ward Manager) or Nicola Cheetham (Clinical Director) for a chat or to come and have a look around on 0161 330 1100.

***


We have a number of volunteering opportunities currently available. Please go to our volunteer section for more information on volunteering at Willow Wood and the current roles available.
If you are interested in volunteering as a counsellor we do not, at the moment, have any opportunities in this area. Please keep in touch with us here and also on our social media as any opportunities will be advertised once they become available.
You can find out more about the volunteer counsellor role here.

Thank you for your interest.

Latest Tweets

  • Did you know, you can support Willow Wood by purchasing a Willow Wood 2023 Calendar or Christmas Cards There are lo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…

  • Join in with our Christmas Jumper campaign this December. Text WEAR to 70085 to donate £2.⁠ Texts cost £2 plus one… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…